Another month gone by. I think my favorite posts lately, have been these wrap ups. I like looking back on what I did and talking about them a little bit more. I hope you like them as much as I do!
Read and reviewed in July (with review links):
Cabin at the End of the World by Paul Tremblay
A terrifying and gripping look into what a family will do to save each other, and what others will do to save the world.
Witchtown by Cory Putman Oakes
A really interesting look at what would happen if witches were segregated and lived in their own private community. But what if those communities were being sabotaged by their own people?
Witchmark by C.L. Polk
War. Magic. Love. Miles tries to live his life, free from his family and free from public knowledge that he’s a witch. But a handsome man shows up after another man dies in Miles’ arms, claiming to be interested in how the man died and why. The answer holds the fate of their country in it’s hands.
Book & eARC Haul:
NOTHING! I didn’t buy *any* books this month! I didn’t manage to save any money so I’m not sure if that’s actually a win or not.
ARCs I requested, but are not yet approved/denied:
- Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor – NetGalley
- Song of the Dead (Reign of the Fallen #2) by Sarah Glenn Marsh – Edelweiss
- Thanks, Edelweiss. I didn’t want that anyway… I was denied within 15 minutes of requesting the book with no reason. How can I fix what’s wrong if you don’t tell me?!
- Kingdom of the Blazing Phoenix by Julie C. Dao – Edelweiss
- I really wish Edelweiss were more user-friendly and reviewer-friendly. I know it’s not entirely their fault and mostly the publishers, but still.
- The Shadowglass by Rin Chupeco – Edelweiss
- I feel like was playing a rigged game of Russian Roulette, where there are five bullets and one empty chamber. Spoiler alert, I lost.
- The Siren and The Specter by Jonathan Janz – NetGalley
If anyone has any suggestions on how to make my Edelweiss presence better, let me know. I’ve gone through and added reviews to books, I’ve started wishlists and adding things to my favorites and anticipated lists. It says my profile strength is great, but I’m only missing “affiliations,” which I don’t know how to remedy.
I have a new header! The one I was using before was a little too plain for my liking, so I made a new one! What do you think? I was inspired when I saw a tree with a ring of mushrooms around it and I remembered there are stories about mushroom rings and magic.
I started a new tag thing. Well, a new tag thing to WordPress, probably. Micro Reviews! It’s not just for books or just for reviewing, but it’s something to get a discussion going, to talk about some current thing we’re reading, playing, watching, crafting, writing, anything really. Each month will have a theme and two prompts for the month. August is the official start of the series. A page will be available with a log of the previous prompts and the rules so you can check it if you miss something or have a question. I hope this takes off and that everyone enjoys it!