It’s my birthday month! YAY! Also, I’m in a terrible rut and haven’t finished anything significant since the middle of August…
Read and reviewed in September:
Moonstruck Vol 1 by Grace Ellis
A cute little diverse and inclusive story about a couple of lesbian werewolves and their non-binary centaur friend Chet, whom they have to save from this evil fox magician!
Book & eARC Haul:
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas, movie tie-in, hardback
- The Hate U Give, new gold collectors edition hardback
This brings my THUG collection up to 6. They’re all different, and I’m totally not stopping there!
- Plastic by Doug Wagner
- Moonstruck, vol 1 by Grace Ellis
- The Sea Witch by Sarah Henning
- Toil & Trouble: 15 Tales of Women & Witchcraft
- Monstress, vol 3 by Marjorie M. Liu
- My Best Friends Exorcism by Grady Hendrix
- And the Trees Crept In by Dawn Kurtagich (ebook)
- The Ring, vols 0-3 by Koji Suzuki, Hiroshi Takahasi
ARCs I requested, but are not yet approved/denied:
- Unnatural Deeds by Cyn Balog
- Edelweiss. This one is actually a 2016 release, but it looked interesting so whatever.
- Sawkill Girls by Claire Legrand
- Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor
- The Wren Hunt by Mary Watson
- We Sold Our Souls by Grady Hendrix
- Tarot by Marissa Kennerson
A bad month for me, I guess.
Book swap, ARC edition
I’ve been reading The Shadowglass (out 3/01/19) by Rin Chupeco. Lauren (again) graciously agreed to let some of the staff from the book club borrow her ARC as long as we were gentle to it and that she got it back. Jenny is next on the list!
I finished it and you should all know we are incredibly blessed to live in a time where this series exists at it’s peak. Thank you so much for letting us read it early, Lauren! It was amazing and perfect and I couldn’t have asked for anything better.
Spooks and Tea Time
It’s that time of year when my book club, Books and Tea, start our month-long read-athon. I choose to read anything horror (usually), but it’s open to anything spooky, like thrillers or suspense, or even a cozy Halloween mystery! We also have different challenges running for everyone to participate in. Check out Lauren’s post for more info and feel free to join Books and Tea here!
It’s My Birthday
My birthday was on the 10th and it was pretty good. Back in June, my bestest friends, Aryell and Lauren, got together and got me this D.Va statue. It’s HUGE and I know it cost more than they should’ve spent, but I totally love it!
I also got an adorable Groot planter, a life-sized Rowlet plushie, Shadow of the Tomb Raider for PS4 (which I already beat and restarted with new game plus), an Orisa POP figure, and hilarious orange and black spooky yard flamingos. I don’t even have a yard, but I love them.
My book club got together and commissioned an AMAZING sea witch from Porcelain Bones and I LOVE HER! Her name is Malthedry and she’s going to be an NPC in my fiance’s D&D game.
Micro Review Update
Lauren has been keeping up with the Micro Reviews! Go check them out and see if you’re interested in joining!
And here’s the archive. Feel free to do old posts or wait until the start of the month for the new theme.
Okay, well I think that’s all I have this month. The best time of the year is here, and I’m ready for spooks and scares and gore and all those good things! Keep an eye out for exciting content and spooky recommendations!