To start October off right, I thought I’d take you all on a little tour of my horror shelf!
First, I’ve got some books I grabbed from work.
- The World of Lore: Monstrous Creatures by Aaron Mahnke
- Disappearance at Devil’s Rock by Paul Tremblay
- The Truth Lies Here by Lindsey Klingele
- The Sacrifice Box by Martin Stewart
- Gwendy’s Button Box by Stephen King
- Not Even Bones by Rebecca Shaeffer
- The Grip of It by Jac Jemc
I’ve not read any of these yet, but I’m going to try to read one or two of the library books this month.
Next, is my general horror collection.
I’ve read quite a handful of the ones that I have here (not featured, my Stephen King collection and the Hannibal series, they just don’t fit). There are some I definitely recommend for getting yourself in the spooky mood:
- Horns by Joe Hill
- The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich
- Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
- Night Film by Marisha Pessl
- The Cabin at the End of the World by Paul Tremblay
- A Head Full of Ghosts by Paul Tremblay
Lastly, is my graphic novel/manga and non-fiction horror
Lots of Image comics here, because they do really good horror:
- Monstress, vols 1-3 by Marjorie M. Liu
- Outcast, vol 1 by Robert Kirkman
- Winnebago Graveyard, vol 1 by Steve Niles
- The Black Monday Murders, vol 1 by Jonathan Hickman
- Plastic by Doug Wagner
- Coraline by Neil Gaiman
- The Crow by James O’Barr
- review, one of my absolute favorite stories ever
- Parasyte, vol 1 by Hitoshi Iwaaki
- The Demonologist by Gerard Brittle
- Beware the Night / Deliver Us From Evil by Ralph Sarchie
I hope you liked this little tour. Let me know if you’ve read any of them and if you liked them or not!
Other spooky stuff: